You need (Serves 2)
250g Sliced beef (or meat of your choice Chicken or Pork), 2 squares of dried rice Vermicelli,
125g bean sprout, ¼ bunch coriander & mints,
1 Carrot, 1 Lebanese Cucumber, Lettuce,
PoppySmack Siam Chilli Sambal & Vietnamese Dipping Sauce.
- Bring small pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and dried rice Vermicelli. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Peel and grate carrot. Slice cucumber & lettuce in thin strips.
- Wash coriander and chop at 2cm long.
- Wash Bean sprout and drain.
- In a mixing bowl, add beef, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon Siam Chilli Sambal. Mix well.
- Bring large frying pan to high heat. Add oil. Add marinated beef and quickly toss in high heat.
- In a serving bowl, add sliced carrot, cucumber, lettuce, sprout, mints and rice vermicelli. Add cooked beef and then coriander. Serve with Vietnamese Dipping sauce.
NB : Beef can be replaced with Chicken, Tofu or Pork.
Tricks: Allow pan to reach high heat before add beef. To cook for 4, stir fry beef in 2 portions.