Our PoppySmack Curry Laksa Recipe
PoppySmack Curry Laksa (serves 2)
200g of bite-size sliced Chicken, 2 squares of dried rice Vermicelli
A handful of Asian mix vegetable (baby corn, okra, bean sprout, capsicum, zucchini),
2 cups chicken stock,
½ cup coconut milk,
1 tbsp of PoppySmack Siam Chilli Sambal,
½ tsp of Tumeric or curry powder
Tumeric or curry powder from your pantry,
A handful of Vietnamese mint or Basil to garnish
1. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add a pinch of salt and dried rice Vermicelli. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, drain. Divide into 2 bowls
2. Season meat with a few generous pinches of salt.
3. Prepare your vegetable of choice in bite size
4. Warm-up 1 tbsp of PoppySmack Siam Chilli Sambal in a pot on medium heat
(Add more to your liking). Do not allow Chilli Sambal to burn, then add half a tsp of Tumeric or Curry Powder.
5. Added the coconut milk and stir to blend the ingredients into a thick paste.
6. When the beautiful aroma permeates through the kitchen, add the chicken stock, bring to boil and then lower heat to simmer.
7. Add in the Chicken, simmer then add Vegetable, and simmer until all ingredients are cooked through.
8. Spoon Curry Laksa over the noodles and garnish with mints or basil to serve.
NB : Chicken can be replaced with Prawn/Seafood or Tofu.
Tricks: Add the coconut “cream” first to cook the Sambal and Tumeric/curry powder first and the add the rest of the liquid