Our Pad Thai Recipe
Pad Thai (serves 2)
250g meat of your choice (Mixed Marinara, Chicken, Prawn or Beef)
100g dried Rice Stick noodles
125g bean sprouts
¼ bunch coriander
2 tbsp. of each Poppysmack Tangy Tamarind Sauce & Caramelised Pineapple Sauce. For for peanutty taste, add a table spoon of Salty Sweet Satay.
- Soak dried rice stick noodles in boiled water for 5 minutes or until soften, drain.
- Peel and grate carrot.
- Wash coriander and chop at 2cm long.
- Wash bean sprouts and drain.
- Bring large frying pan to high heat. Add olive oil and quickly sear marinara with 2 pinches of salt. Put aside.
- Using same frying pan, add softened rice noodle and carrot. Add 2 tablespoons of Tangy Tamarind and Caramelised Pineapple. Add salt to taste and toss.
- When carrot is cooked, add cooked marinara and bean sprout. Toss until ingredients are all mixed then take off stove. Garnish with coriander before serving.
- For extra kick, serve with Poppysmack Siam Chilly Sambal or Vietnamese Dipping Sauce.
NB: Seafood can be replaced with Chicken, Tofu or Beef.
Tricks: Toss rather than stir. To cook for 4, cook in 2 portions.
Watch our video on how to make PoppySmack’s Pad Thai…